Wednesday, June 23, 2010

big enough for school?

This is the second Wednesday that Brooks has went to "school."
He is going once a week to play with "kids" as he would say.
He needed to get out of the house and I needed to get some food in the house.
It seemed like a good compromise.
This is also where I used to work so I felt comfortable leaving him (for the first time he isn't with a family member or close friend.)



He is there to play, have snacks, eat lunch and nap.



It is so cute to see his little backpack and lunch in his cubbie.


Today he wanted to show me the fish.
(there really are some in there I just missed them in my picture)


And one of the best parts is the outside area and the GOATS.


Today was a little rough. He wasn't so sure about me leaving this time. Tears where flowing and not just Brooks. I know that he is just fine after I leave. I once took crying children from their parents. This time it is my kid and a totally different story. I was strong and walked away and came back to a happy boy who had fun at school. Lets hope for a better day next Weds.


3 comments:

AsHtOn & TrAvIs said...

aw how fun for Brooks! if you ever need him out of the house for awhile on tuesdays let me know! :)

AsHtOn & TrAvIs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...

such a big boy!!